Sandpoint High Sports / Winter 2018-2019
View this week's sports schedule»
Boys Basketball :: Varsity - JV - JV II
Girls Basketball :: Varsity - JV - JV II
Wrestling :: Varsity
Twilight Ski and Snowboard Special - Winter 2019
The Schweitzer Mountain Twilight Ski and Snowboard Special is back! Sandpoint Parks and Recreation is selling non-refundable $10 lift vouchers for twilight skiers and boarders of all ages.
- Good for any valid night of twilight skiing (3 p.m. to 7 p.m.). Coupons will not be available at the Schweitzer Ticket Office; they must be purchased before driving up. Ticket vouchers need to be redeemed for a valid ticket at the Ski & Ride Center or a ticket window on any valid night of the ski season. Purchase tickets at Larson's, Yoke's (customer service desk), and Sandpoint Parks and Recreation at 1123 Lake St.
- Need to rent equipment? Participants can get a special ski or snowboard rental package for $15 + tax/fees when you show your ticket at the sales desk. Tell the rental shop that you want the night deal and show your ticket or voucher.
- For more program details, call Parks and Recreation at 208-263-3613. For ski mountain information, call Schweitzer at 208-263-9555. This program does not provide any adult on-site supervision.
Youth Basketball League :: Feb. 9-March 16, 2019
Sandpoint Parks and Recreation offers a Youth Basketball League for grades 3-8, Feb. 9 to March 16, 2019. The focus is on fun and fundamentals for girls' and boys' teams. Practices are held once per week at area schools, and games are played on Saturdays. A Sandpoint youth sport jersey is required.
- Registration deadline is Jan. 6, 2019. Fees are: 1 player - $38 county / $33 within city limits, and there are discounts for more than one player in the family. Jerseys cost $14. Scholarships are available ($50 maximum awarded per child per booklet). View registration details and pre-register online, or visit Sandpoint Parks and Recreation at 1123 Lake St. or call 208-263-3613.
Open Gym Basketball :: Sundays through March 2019
Sandpoint Parks and Recreation partners with the Lake Pend Oreille School District to offer Open Gym Basketball at Sandpoint High School. Gym availability permitting, open gym is held Sundays through March 10.
YOUTH: 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (except Feb. 3) is reserved for youth grades 3 through 12. Free admission. Although a gym monitor will be present, this is NOT a supervised activity. Parents must sign in youth on the waiver form provided by the gym monitor.
ADULTS: 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Entry fee for adults is $2 per player, payable at the door to the gym coordinator.
- Contact Parks and Recreation with questions at 1123 Lake St., or call 208-263-3613.
CHAFE 150 :: June 15, 2019
Registration for the 2019 CHAFE 150 Gran Fondo is now open, with a $10 discount on ride registration through Feb. 14. The CHAFE 150, presented by Sandpoint Rotary and sponsored by Timberline Helicopters and Ting along with more than 80 businesses and organizations, takes place June 15 out of Sandpoint. There are six routes this year, including 150 miles, 100, 80, 40, 30, and a Family Fun Ride, with proceeds benefitting childhood literacy in Bonner County. Visit CHAFE150.org to register and learn more.
Yoga, Dancing, Fitness and Wellness
Goat Yoga. Sweet Home Farm offers goat yoga -- sunrise sessions with brunch, sunset sessions with wine tasting, and family sessions to introduce yoga to children in a fun setting. 5040 Westside Rd., Bonners Ferry. Sign up at SweetHomeGoatYoga.com.
Downtown Yoga, 301 Cedar St., Ste. 106, behind Pend d'Oreille Winery, hosts the following yoga classes:
- Yin Yoga and the Chakras. Every Monday, 4 p.m. to 5:10 p.m., $14 drop-in or class pass. In this class we will use Yin Yoga to liberate the chakras and create new promise in the energy body.
Hope Health Fitness Class. The Memorial Community Center, 415 Wellington Pl. in Hope, hosts Health Fitness Classes with Mike Ehredt every Monday and Wednesday from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Call Mike at 208-360-9647 for more information, or to sign up for the class. $5 per session.
Zumba classes. Zumba is a Latin-dance based fitness class that is fun and highly aerobic (but non-impact). Choose from two class days: Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., or Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Classes are held at the InBody Pilates Studio; 208-290-2600. 66210.zumba.com.
International Folk Dance for Seniors. Luther Park, 510 S. Olive St., hosts classes on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. The public is invited to attend, and class fee is $5.
Mindful Yoga. Every Monday and Thursday from 5:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Gardenia Center, 400 Church St. Deep, mindful yoga weaving dharana and pranayama throughout the sadhana with Maria Alberg. 208-263-2084
Pranic Healing Clinic. The Gardenia Center hosts a free Pranic Healing Class upstairs in the library at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on the last Sunday of every month with one of the following practitioners: Teri McDonald, Mesha Edwards, Gloria Waterhouse or Kelly Navaro.
Yoga Class. Sandpoint Yoga Studio, 1309 Ponderosa Dr., Ste. 202, offers a free yoga class every month. Aimed to help melt away stress, all levels and ages are welcome. Donations go to a charitable lottery.
Laoshi Mark Duffner is a certified Tai Chi instructor and self-avowed Tai Chi geek. Duffner will be sharing his enthusiasm for the Tai Chi arts at the Black Bear Martial Arts Center, 114 N. Boyer. Drop-in classes are $10, and will be offered Mondays from noon to 1 p.m., and Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Classes will include instruction on basic Tai Chi and Qigong forms and principles. Advanced students will receive training to an increasing level of depth and complexity in accordance with their readiness and willingness to learn more. To register or for more information, contact Black Bear Martial Arts Center directly at 208-255-1111.
Area Golf Courses
Elks Golf Club. This nine-hole course is closest to town, just outside the Sandpoint city limits off Highway 200 East. 208-263-4321. SandpointElks.com.
StoneRidge Golf. Located about 40 minutes southwest of Sandpoint off Highway 41 in Blanchard, StoneRidge has 19 holes on a scenic course with a par-72 layout. StoneRidge hosts a variety of specialty events; for a current schedule call 208-437-4653, or visit StoneRidgeIdaho.com.
Priest Lake Golf Course. Par-72, 6,500-yard course is located at 152 Fairway Dr. in Priest Lake amidst mountains, forests and wetlands on the west side of Priest Lake. Call 208-443-2525 or visit PriestLakeGolfCourse.com.
Youth Sports Jersey Recycling Program
Have your kids outgrown their red and white youth league jerseys? Put them to great use by donating laundered, gently used jerseys back to Sandpoint Parks and Recreation. Each year, Sandpoint's P&R gives out approximately $2,000 in scholarships to youth programs, generously donated by various organizations. That money covers jersey costs as well as program fees - unless we have previously used, donated jerseys we can offer those who can't afford to purchase them. Help keep more money in the scholarship fund for kids to access for recreation program fees by donating jerseys when your children finishes the youth leagues.
- Drop off your jerseys from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, at Sandpoint P&R, 1123 Lake St. in City Hall. Questions? Call 208-263-3613. Thanks!